At Optigrise, we approach DevOps as an aggregation of Agile Engineering principles. We also look at DevOps as the next iteration of Application Lifecycle Management (ALM). In recent years, Data and Machine Learning community have incorporated some of the principles of DevOps into their own domain, known as “DataOps” and “MLOps” respectively. Also, Google has popularized SRE or Site Reliability Engineering as a new way of managing and operationalizing a system in production.
About Next Gen ADMS
DevSecOps aim to embed security in every part of the development process. DevOps, and more recently DevSecOps have taken the Application Development world by storm. Though most of the principles of DevOps come from Agile movement, the developer community and tool vendors have augmented it to new heights. DevOps has popularized Agile Engineering principles like test driven development (TDD), pair programming, Continuous Integration (CI), and Code quality.
Features of DevSecOps
DevSecOps look to infuse security principles at every step, and into every collaborator. At Optigrise, our areas of expertise include DevSecOps consulting, DevSecOps implementation and SRE & Ops. We have experience with vendors like Docker and Kubernetes, Puppet, Chef, IBM DevOps tools, Azure DevOps Service, Visual Studio App Center, AWS DevOps services, and more. So come and talk to us if you are looking to implement DevSecOps best practices in your organization.
Application Lifecycle Management
Site Reliability Engineering
Some Features of DevSecOps Offerings at Optigrise are
Devsecops, as the name suggests, annexes security to development and operations.
• While SRE recognizes Operations and Service Management, it focuses on Engineering and Development.
• SRE teams should not spent more than 50% time on typical Ops tasks and should spend equal time in Engineering and Development tasks.
• SRE teams collaborate with Product development team and complement each other’s goals.
• Observability and monitoring are key for SRE.
• SRE teams should automate tasks so that they can focus on development.
• SRE team use best change management practices to reduce downtime and outages.
• They use Demand Forecasting and Capacity Planning appropriately.
• Efficiency and Performance.